Pier 62 Carousel is the centerpiece of Hudson River Park’s open space at Pier 62 in New York City. Embellished with 33 hand-carved wood animal numbers belonging to the area, the signature carousel sporting activities a “living” environment-friendly roofing that guards revelers against the sun as well as permits youngsters to try about under a rainbow of gleaming LED lights and lively music from a modern sound system.
Visit for a day as well as watch your kids smile from ear-to-ear as they ride upon harbor seals, sea steeds, environment-friendly turtles, black bear cubs, butterfly unicorns and also dozens of various other animals. Take pleasure in freshly prepared food, treats and a series of distinct gifts, games as well as uniqueness. Or, even better, enliven your kid’s next birthday celebration with a special carousel birthday party.
The carousel structure opens onto Hudson River Park’s Pier 62 and also 63, a waterfront heaven of greater than 9 acres of turf, trees, gardens and also the magnificent Hudson River.
Birthday Parties at The Carousel
Celebrate your child’s next birthday with sunshine, harbor seals, sea horses, black bear cubs, green turtles, butterfly unicorns, rabbits and dozens of other animals at the new Pier 62 Carousel.
Treat your child to the magic of a waterfront carousel birthday party!
Food & Gifts
- Refreshments: An assortment of freshly prepared food, snacks and beverages are available for purchase.
- Gifts: Our specialty gift, activity and novelty cart offers a range of items, from t-shirts to cuddly stuffed animals and kites to jump ropes.
Rules & Regulations
- All riders must be at least 42 inches tall to ride alone. Riders under 42 inches must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older
- Supervising adults of children under 42 inches must stand next to the animal and hold on to the child
- Hold on to pole with both hands
- No riding backwards, side saddle or standing on an animal
- Every passenger must exit the carousel after each ride
- All riders must have a ticket. Supervising adult accompanying child under 42 inches may ride for free
- Maximum weight for riding animals is 250 lbs.
- Remain seated until the carousel comes to a full stop – do not jump on or off the moving carousel
- No food, drinks, gum, balloons or smoking on carousel
- Only one rider per animal
- No changing seats or walking on the carousel during operation
- No bare feet or wet clothing
- Do not hang personal belongings on the animals
- Do not run, push, shove or throw anything from or towards the carousel